Just as many new construction homes are reaching completion, this is a great time to start thinking about what it takes to landscape a brand new home. This breakdown of suggested landscaping steps will help you plan correctly for the perfect yard. If you take these steps and are ready to hit the ground running, your yard could be ready to mow in just a few weeks!
1. Rough grade the yard after the builder has completed construction.
2. Bring in black dirt as needed.
3. Finish grade so you don't have obstacles for curbing, fences etc.
4. Define bed lines so you know where to put the irrigation heads.
5. If you're putting up a fence, have posts installed. There is a good chance if you wait until after the irrigation has been installed, a post could hit the water line.
6. Install irrigation.
7. Install rock and plants before you seed grass, so you don't have to drive or walk on your newly seeded lawn!
8. Touch-up the grade.
9. Install the lawn using hydroseed, drill seeding or sod.
10. Water regularly as grass and plants get established. For more information on taking care of a newly hydroseeded yard, read our blog post.